Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup spinach
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- Chives for garnish
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Peel and finely shred the sweet potato and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Fry the bacon in a medium frying pan until lightly browned on each side. Remove from pan and keep warm on a covered plate.
- In the same frying pan (keep the grease), form sweet potato into 4 circular patties. The potatoes will hold together when they start to cook. Fry 2-3 minutes on each side (flip gently) just until they start to crisp.
Poached Eggs Instructions:
- In a 12″ fry pan or shallow dish, let 3″ of water come to a simmer (not boiling or it’ll break apart your eggs).
- Add a splash of vinegar to the water.
- Crack each egg into a teacup or custard cup.
- Gently but quickly pour each egg into the simmering water and do not disturb.
- Let each egg poach for 5 minutes and then lift out with a slotted spoon.
- Place egg on a clean tea towel to dry off the excess water before plating.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over low heat until thickened.
- Whisk constantly, about 5 minutes.
- Fan out spinach on plate.
- Place a sweet potato hashbrown on top of spinach. Place two slices Canadian bacon on hashbrown.
- Top with a poached egg and drizzle of hollandaise.
- Sprinkle with chives.
Try more clean eating to suit your lifestyle: